Classroom Teacher (0.4FTE) - 1yr Contract
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced classroom teacher to join our professional and dedicated team for 2022. The successful applicant must have a solid understanding of, and willingness to engage with and implement, contemporary learning approaches, as well as be able to work successfully within a team environment. Our classroom teachers need to provide effective and engaging learning experiences for students and fulfil the requirements, responsibilities and duties as outlined in the Position Description to a high standard in accordance with the school’s mission, vision, core commitments, values and policies.
We are looking for a person who will:
1) Plan, establish and maintain a professional, high-quality, contemporary educational program within a positive and caring classroom atmosphere where effective student learning principles and purposeful and engaging activities are undertaken to cater appropriately for students and the setting at Good News.
2) Plan and lead Christian devotions, Christian worship and Christian Studies lessons in alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Lutheran denomination.
3) Develop and foster appropriate professional relationships with students, staff, parents and the wider community, ensuring all stakeholders are viewed as important elements contributing to the Christian environment and ongoing programs at Good News Lutheran School.
4) Track student progress, use data to inform future learning and teaching, and report student progress to parents/carers in a timely and meaningful manner.
5) Ensure effective and regular communication with parents and colleagues is maintained through a positive partnership approach that supports student learning progress.
6) Have a positive attitude towards their own professional growth and the ongoing continual improvement focus of the school.
If this sounds like you and you're interested in joining our dedicated, caring and professional staff, then please read the Position Description and Position Profile documents, and consider applying for this opportunity.